News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:40 pm 

BBC & Media Neighbourhood:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaaction/where- ... ghbourhood
See the Sub-Heading "Media Neighbourhood"
Quote:
The three-year project brought together media professionals from across 17 countries for training and networking.
It aimed to strengthen the journalism and reporting community, and to boost professional reporting standards and ethics amongst journalists and editors.
It supported and trained over 1200 journalists, students and mentors. 

BBC Media leads the consortium:
Quote:
Partners: BBC Media Action led a consortium consisting of IREX Europe, Fondation AFP, Société Générale de Presse et d’Édition SAL (L’Orient – Le Jour), Canal France International, France Télévisions group, LDK Consultants Engineers and Planners SA and the Media Development Center.

EU funded BBC leader:
Quote:
Project information
Project name
ENPI – Journalist Training and Networking Contact
Funder
European Union 
Dates
2012-2015
Themes
Governance
Partners
CFI, IREX (Europe), LDK, AFP, MDC, L'Orient-Le Jour

See this document -; “A Handbook for Journalists”:
http://www.euneighbours.eu/enpi/userfil ... alists.pdf
This document confirms that the BBC is leading an EU funded consortium to train journalists to report EU propaganda.

At the bottom of the front page of this document we are told in very clear and coloured presentation that BBC Media Action leads the consortium that is funded by the EU.

The BBC is effectively heading up an EU funded consortium that trains journalists to propagate, report, broadcast, promulgate, publish EU propaganda to the masses. And all out of taxes that are handed over to the EU. The same EU where the accounts are not properly audited and signed off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm 

The more I watch the BBC TV News the more I realise that it's nothing more than a mouthpiece for the EU - it pushes the Remain agenda even though the referendum has been and gone and Blessed Theresa May has spelt out that we are leaving! It's sickening ..... why should we have to pay our TV licence for such propaganda???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 pm 

Rich Kid wrote:
The more I watch the BBC TV News the more I realise that it's nothing more than a mouthpiece for the EU - it pushes the Remain agenda even though the referendum has been and gone and Blessed Theresa May has spelt out that we are leaving! It's sickening ..... why should we have to pay our TV licence for such propaganda???
RK, You don't have to pay the TV Licence, it is voluntary. You only have to pay if you watch live broadcasts, or you access the BBC's iPlayer.

Live broadcasts means any program that is currently being broadcast 'live' over the 'air' (by propagated radio-wave transmission) and/or the internet at the same time. If a broadcast is ONLY live over the internet, and NOT broadcast over the 'air', then it doesn't require a TV Licence to be watched. All 'catchup' services from non BBC channels can be watched over the internet without a TV Licence too. Only the BBC's iPlayer 'catchup' requires a TV Licence.

I don't watch any live TV broadcasts that require a TV Licence. Therefore I don't directly subscribe to the BBC.

My TV has no aerial connected. All TVs these days are digital, and without an aerial should not be able to receive a TV broadcast. In addition to having no aerial connected, I have detuned the receiver so that all TV channels presents a screen displaying noise. The TV is connected to the internet via an Ethernet router, so that I can download various catchup TV channels. I have set-up the router to block the BBC's iPlayer.

It isn't strictly necessary to go as far as I have in blocking the BBC's iPlayer, but it ensures that nobody in my home can inadvertently connect to the BBC's iPlayer.

I have now been Licence-free for over three years. Saved £450 from going to the untrustworthy, politically biased, pro man-made global warming, EU fraternising BBC. It isn't until the TV is removed from our lives that we come to realise just how influential it it is in forming our opinions, and drugging us to sleep. I am now even more convinced than I ever was, that TV watching is an extremely powerful mind re-framing medium of the population.

My household is now far more discerning about what we watch. Plus, there are some excellent internet only providers of news that provide far better, more accurate news than any of the on-air broadcasters can or do. Sure, most, if not all, internet independent news sources have their own bias, or world view; but unlike the BBC they don't pretend to be impartial, especially whilst receiving large sums of money from our own Government, UN, the EU, and foreign governments.

Also, unlike the BBC, most independent news sources operate on very small budgets, unlike the bloated BBC that claims to take in something in the region of £4billion per year from Licence payers alone. And, unlike the BBC, independent news sources do not harass and threaten me every month with threats of 'enforcer' visits, prosecution, court action, large fines or prison.

As I am typing this the postman has literally just delivered the latest threatening letter from the Capita, the BBC's TV Licence contracted agent (the previous letter only arrived three weeks ago). The letter is headed in large bold red letters:
“OFFICIAL WARNING: We have opened an investigation of your address”.

The letter then goes on to make threats of prosecution, court attendance, fines up to £1000 + costs, or imprisonment.

Like any other sales team, there is no legal requirement for me to make contact with Capita/BBC. But the cuddly friendly faced BBC believes it has to the right to harass and threaten non customers.

I did take all this up with my MP a couple of years ago. I sent him copies of all the BBC's threatening letters. The MP wrote to the BBC on my behalf; the only outcome was that the BBC stopped threatening me for a few months, but now the threats continue, sometimes twice a month.

The bottom line is, the BBC, Capita, MPs, and the whole of Government know full well that the BBC and Capita are openly, willingly, and freely engaging in harassment and threats of non customers of their TV Licence – and NOTHING is done about it. This tells me that a conspiracy of harassment of the innocent is at work.

I do not have to prove to any other licensing organisation that I do not require a fishing licence, or a gun licence, a licence to sell alcohol, a boat licence, etc. Neither am I subjected to threats of enforcers, prosecution, court action, etc. Why is the BBC so privileged when it comes to harassing and threatening people who have volunteered the information that “I do not require a TV Licence,”?

I am not persecuted by DVLA or the police for owning a car that is more than capable of breaking the speed limit. Neither do I have to prove to the police that I haven't exceeded the speed limit. Having the ability to commit a crime, is not a crime. But the BBC holds a different view concerning the TV Licence. The BBC's view is, EVERY domestic property has, and uses a TV receiver to watch live TV programs, therefore MUST be licensed. The BBC is incapable of accepting that an increasing number of people DO NOT want the BBC, or any TV.