News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brexit?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:27 am 

Westonman wrote:
There is the Parliament Act available to this government, if it really wants to use it. It was used in 2004, as reported on here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4024923.stm

However, I don't believe for one moment that this government it bothered about having their 'hands tied' by the Lord's, it's all very convenient for a Remainer PM and government.

Indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:46 pm 

Chequers plan is rubbished by Barnier so what happens next? Interesting times .....

https://fullfact.org/europe/brexit-trad ... a-options/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:06 pm 

We seem to be drifting to a no deal. Best option in my book, or at least the threat of no deal.

As long as 'they' are in the driving seat, which we have allowed them to be, they will push and push. The time has come to put our foot down and just say we are too far apart so no thanks.

Walk away and see what they do to compromise, something they haven't done because May and Co have been far too weak.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 am 

I would favour a Canada++ deal but May has never pursued this option as I guess as a Remainer at heart she really wants to keep us in the EU in some way which is what Chequers does.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 pm 

Why did May agree with the EU that the Irish border was a major problem, it isn't. This has, and is, now causing tremendous problems where, in my view, none exist.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:06 pm 

Fully 100% agree.

It's the remoaners and the EU trying anything and everything to keep us paying them £trillions.

We need a change of PM to a Brexiteer who will walk away ....... then watch them change their tune and compromise.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 am 

May is a remainer. To understand what she means when she speaks, turn her words inside out, back to front and upside down.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:15 am 

I’m not convinced that there are any true Brexiteers inside the Parliamentary Conservative Party. I strongly suspect that every one of the Tory MPs are Remainers at heart. Sure, we hear voices calling for OUT, but we see absolutely no action in support of Leave. We’ve had several threats of 40 letters of NO Confidence in Mrs May’s leadership; there are occasional outbursts of noise but no action; every threat turns out to be a dud. And the Remain carnival steadily marches forward towards ever closer union.

This whole issue is so fundamental to British sovereignty, independence , democracy and nationhood that it ought to be causing any genuine Brexit supporting politician to stand very firm for Brexit and against Mrs May’s leadership. I fear we are seeing the equivalent of political shadow-boxing from ‘’Brexit” Tory MPs.

But I never did believe we would ever leave the EU. Even though I did vote to leave.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:03 pm 

Can we really walk away, or are we being hoodwinked?

Two videos from completely different sources suggest we are being hoodwinked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... rT8FKclUoc

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/emerge ... avid-ellis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 am 

It looks to me like it won't get through parliament.

DUP voting against
SNP voting against
Tory Brexiteers voting against
Labour being urged to vote against

Dec 7th, voted out, May has to rush back to Brussels for a better deal or we walk.

..... is what should happen unless she tries to over rule the vote a say 'this is the deal I've accepted'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next