News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:02 pm 

There are always dings and scraps in supermarket car parks. In the last 5 months i have seen 12 cars damaged at various stores (including this incident).

Until the police deliver their findings i wont divulge the specifics. However on this occasion it was an elderly lady driving an automatic car. My own personal opinion believes she scraped one car, panicked and pressed the accelerator instead of the break. The male that was almost hit was very lucky the car hit his trolley and knocked him back causing injuries that, had he been a foot closer, would have caused potential life threatening injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:46 pm 

Out of curiosity, when a person is injured in a store car park such as this, are they eligible for an insurance pay out from Tesco ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:00 am 

No probably not. I'm sure there is a disclaimer posted in several places around the carpark.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:16 am 

The store do not have to do anything in the car park. If damage is caused by a trolley hitting a vehicle then maybe it COULD be the store's responsibility. There are disclaimers in our car park stating that Tesco stores ltd do not accept any liability to any loss or damage in the car park (or words to that effect).

Technically I have no duties to do with the car park, it was only that I was on my breal having a fag when the incident happened that I knew what was going on and radio'd for 999 services.

Any damage caused would be up to the respective vehicle insurance companies to deal with. The only way I can see Tesco giving compensation would be if a tesco vehicle (delivery/dotcom) or member of staff working at the time was at blame.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:02 am 

If Sec_off should read this message, I would like to be in contact. Could you pm me if possible.
With thanks
Marian