News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jim's passed on
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:06 pm 

I am very sad to hear this news, Jim made me very welcome when I joined this site. He shared some cracking jokes with me too, the first one was the spoof calls to the airport information desk. I was in tears with laughter. Ever the gentleman Jim was concerned at sending it on to me when he realised I am a female.
Rest in peace Jim, you will be missed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 pm 

So sad, I worked with Jim for many years at Parmley Graham, always happy and always had a smile, AND an excellent wind up merchant, he will be sadly missed by so many.

regards to Sharon, Sam and all the grandkids, and a special mention for rita

little story, as many of you may or may not know, he had a boat many years ago, his pride and joy, he drove us mad about the boat, anyway, we got a pay rise at xmas, and was not much, Jim being Jim, decided to write to the chairman, and mention how prices were rising, young family etc etc, and how he thought the pay rise was miserly, we were egging him on, yea go on Jim, put this and that down, we are behind you, anyway, he did, and he sent the letter, about a week later a letter arrives at work from the chairman, pretty short note it was,
Dear Jim, thank you so much for your lovely letter, SELL THE BOAT

hahahahahahahaha

sorry, but it is a story that was so funny at the time, it still makes me laugh today, thanks Jim

Des Healy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:29 pm 

That's classic Des, thanks for sharing. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:43 am 

Yes - thanks

That's Jim alright :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:41 pm 

LOOOOOOLZ Des!!!.... You guys only had "the Boat" five days a week, we had it seven. He started with an inflatable"Fairy Nuff" which he would take down to Hayling, near the Billy line, take hours to inflate, 20 mins on the water then hours deflating n packing up again.... So he bought a trailer so we could arrive ready to go. Then, as he had a trailer he thought a bigger more rigid boat would be good, goodbye Fairy Nuff hello "Pedro". Didn't take long before a boat to "sleep on" was raised in conversation....so he told mum Pedro was making way for "Pushton Toad". He settled for a while then decided he was getting too old for 'pushing and towing'. . So Au revoir Toad and "Lady Vivanti" sailed into hislife, four berth, loo, kitchen(mum was...er....ecstatic)... Vivanti was berthed at Chichester and during the Vivanti days mum n dad were frequent visitors to my house on Sundays on their way home....
Eventually he sold her and a part of him went with her. After she went, their visits "dahn sarf" became less frequent, my visits up to the smoke became more frequent. And that's where we are today.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:32 pm 

Hi Jon
I did not know Jim personally apart from an e-mail or two many years ago. However I did know Rita and would appreciate it if you could pass on my condolences from a school friend of pre-war days.
Is Charlie Farmer (another school friend) is still around. He does not answer any e-mails.
Regards
Edwinnobby (Victoria.BC)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 pm 

Will do Edwin. Charlie's fine, I just spoke to him. He says he can't work his computer any more. He was VERY pleased to hear you'd been in touch. I'll PM you more details.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:04 am 

Hi Nobby, I shall pass on your condolences to mum. Thanks Josh for the heads up. Dads ashes will be scattered mid Solent on 26 Oct.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:47 am 

magicshaz wrote:
Hi Nobby, I shall pass on your condolences to mum. Thanks Josh for the heads up. Dads ashes will be scattered mid Solent on 26 Oct.

Would be nice to have pictures of the ceremony if you take any.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:57 pm 

Shaz I will be on hayling that day, I will go to the beach and give him a wave and wish him bon voyage