News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:27 pm 

Shadow Passing By and many other recordings of songs I have written can be heard on Middx.net Photos.Scroll down the contents page to Marian Heawood recordings. The site can be reached from this WESTLONDONCHAT.COM. Site. I hope the songs and music may be enjoyed and of interest. My music and creative works began ftom piano-lessons in Hayes, Middx. with Mrs L. Lovis. Also, music education from Brian Trant at Mellow Lane School, in addition to choral singing in the Mellow Lane Choir and Hayes Girls Choir.

I start ed writing poems when I went to Charville Ptimary School and was encouraged by Miss Phipps who read my poems at the beginning of class in the mornings.

My interest in writing stories was at the same time, and at Mellow Lane School I qualified in the school Counties Essay Contest.

Will be continued later. Thankyou for reading.
Marian.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:38 pm 

Mrs Lovis was my 3rd piano teacher for a brief period! I'm trying to remember now Marian if we both knew that we both had Mrs Lovis as a piano teacher???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:26 am 

Hello Jon and everyone !
Yes, and I think you told me she taught the guitar as well. I hadn't known that. She used to call me Duckie :-)
I'd just started to learn The Arrival of The Queen Of Sheba, which was a duet with Mrs Lovis. I stupidly gave up my lessons not long after so I didn't get very far with that piece. I'm always reminded of my lessons when I hear it on the radio these days. I still wish I'd continued to go on to take the advanced Grades. Maybe would have applied for the Royal Academy then. Too late now!!