News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 183  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 pm 

According to my trusty max/min spreadsheet that I've been keeping since 2007 this is first winter where we've had 3 months where the min temp has been below zero.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:02 am 

Interesting! I understand solar activity is low and that, apparently, is usually associated with lower temperatures. We could be entering a phase of global cooling! I wonder how they'll spin that one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:25 am 

You'll need to pay extra tax to keep Gov offices warm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:54 am 

Hello folks.

It's been a while since I've posted, mainly due to be being busy with moving home.

Now that's all done and dusted and I have more time on my hands, I wonder if there is still an interest in this topic ? If there is then I don't mind devoting some of that time to taking up where I left off.

My interest in the weather is just a hobby of mine and I have no meteorological qualifications so my thoughts and predictions are nothing more than that. Not to be taken too seriously, but I do put some considerable effort into researching before I post. If it's sensational ( and more often than not inaccurate ) headlines you want, well you know where to go !

So.....anyone still interested ?

All the best. Moley :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:25 am 

Yer, sure Moley. It's good to see you up and running again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:48 am 

I've missed your accurate forecasts.

Friday (tomorrow) is supposed to be cats and dogs with a yellow rainfall warning. Welcome to an English summer :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:30 am 

Good to see you back and congratulations on the move. I always enjoy your posts and find them as reliable - if not more so - than the big boys (Dont mention Michael Fish :) )

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:06 am 

Thank you all for the replies, they are much appreciated. Please bear with me then while I try and work through the prospects for the next few days, and perhaps beyond.

Moley: 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:35 pm 

Good evening all, and thank you for reading my ramblings. As always I welcome your thoughts and comments so please feel free to post them.

First of all a brief mention of the past. Since moving down here to the south coast in February one thing I have noticed is just how windy it's been throughout much of Spring and now into Summer. Reports I've read elsewhere confirm it's not just confined to coastal areas, it seems to have been a feature across much of the country. The winds have often been from a northerly direction, and as a result it hasn't felt particularly warm.

Looking at the week ahead high pressure is close to the Uk, so we should see a fairly settled spell of weather but towards the end of the week there are signs that a low pressure system will form over France and head north towards the Uk.

Daytime temperatures are expected to creep up during the week to around 21-23c ( 70-73f ) in our region which is about average for this time of year. Overnight temperatures are however predicted to be lower than average thanks to a pool of cold air out to our east. Here in the South East we should avoid a frost, but any keen gardeners should be aware.

With regards the low pressure system later in the week, this may deliver some heavy rainfall and possible thunderstorms, so a repeat of last Friday for some. I enjoyed an impressive thunderstorm that day.

As always, thanks for reading and best wishes, whatever the weather.

Moley 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:14 pm 

Has been quite windy for ages now. Gusts up to 40 or 50 seem to have been the norm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 183  Next