News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:47 pm 

So what do you say about an alias name? E.g Batty Bat

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:39 pm 

Bedwyn I have not said I agree or disagree with the 'Friends & Foes' set up! It never even came to mind untill the discussion on here. I personally do NOT have anyone as a Foe.
It just struck me as odd that it bothered anyone very much because it's so common to have this set up, and most people are aware of this and accept it!
Jon is unable to remove it, as he said it's part of the set up. I really can't understand why it is bothering you so much. Like most websites, you are able to choose who you correspond with (or not,) and to be honest that's not a bad thing as what is acceptable to some isn't to others. This is just my personal view, but I'm sure other members aren't bothered by it, and I really don't know why you are.
PS I am feeling slightly attacked by you at the moment, am I to now class you as a 'foe'? (joking.)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:48 pm 

Batty bat wrote:
So what do you say about an alias name? E.g Batty Bat

That's a good point Batty! Most people on here are not using their real name, which I definitely DON'T have any problem with, but lets face it anyone could come on here with half a dozen names and say just what they want! So that makes the 'friend/foe' set up quite unimportant!
I think I'll be Cedric! ;) ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:27 pm 

Bedwyn you are being VERY childish abut this !! The foe list works the same way as in real life - if I dont like someone then I will go out of my way to avoid them. Same on here - there are people on here who in my opinion talk alot of rubbish and I avoid them .... whats the problem ??

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:01 pm 

We have a really obnoxious neighbour and she really irritates me so I block her. She asks for money for cigarettes and electricity and I say "No" and look the other way. (she's in a wheelchair, by the way) If I had a foe's list for ordinary day to day life I'd use it.

You'll all think I'm heartless now ignoring the poor woman in the wheelchair but I have my reasons.

I'm really glad there is a foe's list on here and I have four names on it. This means I only have to see their posts if I want to (and I rarely want to)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:26 pm 

Good for you Sunshine, it's known as 'choice'. :-)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:28 pm 

I dont think you're heartless Sunshine. Years ago my sister had a neighbour just like it - a lady in a wheelchair - and she was so bad we had to creep past her door to get in and out (my sister was in a 2nd floor flat and the woman was ground floor). If she caught us and we didnt help her with whatever it was that day she would get abusive :(
Like you - I have 4 on my foe list and I put them there because things they posted made me annoyed, angry or just plain irritated me. Life is too short for me to deal with irritations that can easily be removed - hence I think the foe list is a wonderful idea :)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:31 pm 

I will add that I have a feeling that at least 2 on my list are one and the same person - just with 2 separate accounts ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:47 pm 

At least you don't have to read. its a bit like whistling dirty songs, and have people complain. :roll: :?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:07 pm 

jane wrote:
I will add that I have a feeling that at least 2 on my list are one and the same person - just with 2 separate accounts ;)

Yes, I agree. But, not only that. They love complementing each other. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next