News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The wait .........
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:12 am 

All sorted, took a day and a half to set it all up. It's just like setting up a new PC what with:

SatNav RDS TMC
Bluetooth HFT
Voice control of almost all items - SatNav, Audio, Heating
Trip computer (with about 10 different option areas subdivided with about 2 or 3 sub options in each)
DAB/FM/iPod/USB/DVD Audio/Monitor (you can watch a DVD on the SatNav screen if your stationary)

Longest job was interrogating the under dash fuses to find one that was only active with the ignition so I could hardwire in the Garmin with speed cameras.

One thing that is immediately apparent is the quality improvement over the last model Civic. All the last model criticism's have been sorted :D

I would have no problem in recommending this new Civic model to anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:45 am 

I hope you'll step up to the plate if any of us need a lift anywehere.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 am 

:o does this mean for us not to alter anything when we borrow the car? :shock: ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 am 

Just fill the tank up :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:09 am 

I filled up on an old crank yourself pump, and had to switch engine off as it was gaining on me :shock: :)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
.....One thing that is immediately apparent is the quality improvement over the last model Civic. All the last model criticism's have been sorted ........

I know nothing about cars and so took advice from a work colleague who reccommended the previous Civic model (on reliability) and so I bought my newest car ever, a 2 year Honda Civic. I've had it 6 yrs and not a single problem with it.
The only things that've been replaced are the usual consumables; wiper blades, various filters, disc pads and tyres.
The most reliable by far of my 13 cars I've owned.
Phil
:D

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:43 am 

The only criticism I had about the 8G Civic (2006-2011) was the hard suspension and the difficult, clunky front door handles.

Both have now been sorted on the latest model :D

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:33 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
The only criticism I had about the 8G Civic (2006-2011) was the hard suspension and the difficult, clunky front door handles.
Both have now been sorted on the latest model :D

Mine was 05 reg. Therefore the previous body shape.

Phil
8-)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:11 pm 

over the years have had many cars with a lot being 4x4s about 6 that I can remember the longest I had one was the 109 Landrover 108 diesel 4 tears back in 75 now on a jeep seems ok all the toys but disappointing consumption 22mpg at best don't know about on a run yet. so will stick with it for a while :roll: :o

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:33 am 

I don't think I've ever actually owned a reliable car, though one thing I will say is that the bodywork nowadays lasts forever. It's the electronics that seems to go wrong mostly, and I've had two cars have their engines wrecked by the idiotic ordeal they're put through during the emissions checks in the MOT test. That included my last car, a Citroen Picasso, which had already suffered damage from LB Hillingdon's speed humps and bumps, especially the lozenges in Grange Road which cracked the underside of the engine and the exhaust.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next