News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:00 pm 

Family caring arranagements.

If you receive Disability Living Allowance at Middle or Higher rate care, you can qualify for a carer. They get carers allowance and income support and housing benefit if not your partner at common law or husband / wife when because they live with you amounts may vary.

Thus a brother sister or cousin can be a carer and this goes towards their own housing benefit. Though I don’t know if this also qualifies you for council tax benefit so you need to check with your local authority benefits office.

This is parity with being a friend or carer or lay assistant at a church.

The under 18 parent and child relationship sees funding under housing benefit and this can add to housing benefit qualification under the new scheme. In Hillingdon the number to check entitlement is 0300 123 1384 for central services for all of this and there is the switchboard number of 01895 250 111.

IN a big society this carer provision through faith and church communities should be defined to help others and ensure that a church doesn’t just look out for its flock but the entire parish. Last time I checked that was the ideal for the church of England and Roman Catholic Churches but theological differences with churches that seek to minister to the ‘elect / saved’ such as Baptists and work as employees or run professional care homes and services detracts from this.

I decline to appear on Premier for life as none of my firends since 2003 advised me on any of this and I've had to find out through teh university of life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:04 pm 

Plus private hospitals are Shite at giving out state benefit advice and St Mungos are worse unless you let them complete the forms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:18 pm 

Getting any benefit at all is a nightmare in itself !!!