News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: EBAY SCAM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:40 pm 

Beware of "COMPLETESAVE.CO.UK" if you use Ebay and pay with paypal.
They take membership money £15 from your bank account without asking

Post subject: Re: EBAY SCAM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:34 am 

I cancelled my Ebay account some time ago when they had a security issue and kept it secret until forced to reveal it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:23 pm 

Thanks for the tip Artfte.I use eBay a lot!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:09 pm 

I feel I must be Fair and Post the reply I got from Complete save .On Reflection I now DO NOT think it is a SCAM.
But .the way to claim a discount of your next purchase is NOT CLEAR they are another company offering this,would catch out any sleepy head late at night.My Oppologies to Ebay and Paypal it was nothing to do with them whatsoever .

"Thank you for contacting Complete Savings so that we can assist you. As you requested, your Complete Savings membership has now been cancelled. Refunds of the monthly membership charges have been processed as an accommodation to you since our records show you have not used the memberships services. Your bank should post these refunds to your account within the next ten working days. You will not be charged the monthly membership fee again.

""I am sorry you don’t remember signing up for the Complete Savings programme. I’d like to provide you with details on how you signed up for Complete Savings and provided us with authorisation to charge your account.

Complete Savings is an online programme ideal for people who shop regularly over the internet. Members can claim an initial cashback reward as well as monthly rewards, 20% off popular gift cards and 10% cashback at over 650 online stores.

""You joined the Complete Savings programme following a purchase you made on Jacamo.co.uk on 1 July 2015. After your purchase, you were offered the chance to claim a cashback reward on your next purchase through the site. Clicking on this offer took you through to the Complete Savings sign-up page, where it is clear that in order to claim the cashback on offer you must first become a member of the programme. The details required on the sign-up page include: your name, your email address, your postal address, a password for your membership, and your credit or debit card details for the monthly fee. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following the first 30 days of free membership, there is a monthly charge – this is why you were required to enter your credit/debit card details at this stage. Since you didn't cancel your membership when the free trial period ended, you were charged the monthly membership charge.""

............................................ I hope this is helpfull...............

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:37 pm 

Thanks.