News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Carers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:56 pm 

It was good to see your posts, Percy. It is nice to be reunited on here, not having been in touch for such a long time. Sadly, I am now in a position to understand the responsibilities, priorities and self-sacrificing you have unselfishly undertaken over the past years and I have the greatest respect for you and other people doing the same thing. I have now joined the team and so life has changed completely but trying to find moments to remember others who were in my life when things were different. No matter how stressful and exhausting our commitments are with the person we care for, it is far better than the other option which would mean parting and living away from each other.
Thankyou for thinking of me, especially when the clocks have changed, which I would have forgotten about, I am sure. :-)
All the Best to you and hope you had a good Easter
From Marian

Post subject: Re: Carers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:27 am 

Marian,
Thank you for your kind words, that mend a lot to me,after reading your post their was a lump in my throat with my eyes starting to water.

After sixteen years of nursing my wife life does change, I find the learning path gets that much harder as time goes on,but their is always others that are worst off than me.

Thank you for your time and understanding with me in my early days of learning the computer, with plenty of mistakes on my part. I was eighty
when I sent my first email, now in my ninety second year means we have been in contact for about twelve years. (long time)

Keep well and take care.

Percy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:40 pm 

Hello Percy,
I am sorry to have taken so long to reply to you. Time seems to go by so fast, the days and weeks seem shorter. Maybe because we are very busy and not a lot of time for leisure. No matter how much we may miss that, we would never step back from caring for our loved-ones but, maybe we learn as we go along how to make some time to relax or enjoy listening to some music, even tackling a crossword or writing a poem.
You are a marvellous example with everything you have had to overcome, but still able to use the computer and talk about some of the sad parts of your life quite openly. 16 years is a long time to be caring at home and you have every reason to be proud.
Also, coping with the dyslexia when typing your posts is something else to be proud of. I hope you don't mind me mentioning it as an inspiration to others who may be nervous of attempting to rise to the challenge. Another reason to be proud.

Lovely talking to you and everyone on here again
With Best Wishes
Marian

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:14 pm 

Marian,Thank you for your kind words of support, being a carer mean to me that one is on an everlasting learning curve, with plenty of things that can go pear shaped.
I went on conputer with one though"why let then kids beat me" but its been a great help with no regrets. As always take care Marian. Percy.

Percy.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:47 pm 

HI Marion I have just read your post, I was in the same position, the way that helped me was to remember every second every minute every hour every day every week every month every year and every decade that had been fantastic times in our life I'm sure this will help, also what ever happens it will be better than your previous life???

Mike B

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:43 pm 

Hi Mike,
Just a quick visit but very pleased to see your message. Yes, I have always felt that way, otherwise i don't think I could have coped at all. The good times should always be remembered and treasured. I do think that about my 'previous life' too. The good memories stop the bad ones from being too overpowering in later life but never heal (in my case).
I hope all is well with you
With Best Wishes from
Marian .. thankyou again ..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 pm 

Hi Percy,
Regarding using the computer, I think you have done better than myself because, with not having lessons, I muddled my way through learning. I learnt the basics of using the computer and that was about all! It is another learning exercise to be able to cope with how social media sites and forums work. So, I think you have done very well, Percy. For me, I have been, and am, hopeless. I'm much more comfortable with music :-)
Hope you are well.
Marian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:16 am 

Actually, Marian is being way too modest; her personal site, www.marianheawood.com is an amazing achievement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:19 am 

Hello Marian,
What can I say, Jon as stolen my thunder.

I have said this before and I will say it again, your contributions to this site are not only excellence, but, of many excellence's.

So please Marian do not hide your light under a bushel, step up to the footlights and take the applause. Take care

Percy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:10 am 

Jon wrote:
Actually, Marian is being way too modest; her personal site, http://www.marianheawood.com is an amazing achievement.

Thankyou, Jon, for your compliment about the website I achieved. It was working within that site which was a challenge I tried to rise to so I could make it good and interesting. At the time, I learnt as I went along but I am still hopeless at anything else outside the website. There is much I can't fathom out and so have more or less dropped out of everything now. I am very sad about it. :(