News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Merry Christmas!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:23 pm 

Being out and about in the run-up to Christmas, I see very little sign of what Christmas is about. The media constantly reports that the shops are not doing enough trade; multitudes of decorations major on snowmen and a red coated character of myth, Signs broadcast Xmas; happiness is portrayed as eating and drinking far too much, ubiquitous music has little or nothing to with Christ's first advent, and so much behaviour in and around the shops shows very little sign of Peace on Earth and Goodwill toward men.

Christmas, true Christmas, carries a very important message that so many seem eager to dispel or ignore. So, here is my attempt at putting the meaning and purpose back into Christmas.

(1Timothy 3:16 [NKJV])
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

(John 3:16 [NKJV])
“For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

(Colossians 1:15 – 17 [NKJV])
(15) He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(16) For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
(17) And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

(John 3:13 [NKJV])
“No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:50 pm 

A merry Christmas to one and all, may the New Year bring everything you wish for .....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:56 am 

Thanks RK. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours too; and to everyone out there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:04 pm 

I wish for No Deal so Brussels can panic at not being fair during negotiations.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:52 pm 

Thanks everyone and a Happy New Year to you all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 am 

Jon wrote:
Thanks everyone and a Happy New Year to you all.
To you too.

However, regarding 2019, James Delingpole hits the mark for me. These days it is very rare to read so much truth compacted into such a short article:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... ty-sexism/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:38 pm 

Interesting link Westonman but I wouldn't for one moment agree with the assertion that Trump is one of the greatest American Presidents ever ...... someone has been on the wacky-backy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 am 

Rich Kid wrote:
Interesting link Westonman but I wouldn't for one moment agree with the assertion that Trump is one of the greatest American Presidents ever ...... someone has been on the wacky-backy!

The corrupt Left, from the likes of the Obama, Clinton, EU, Labour and the Conservative camps, pour out a continuous river of poison over Trump, with the full assistance from the Western world’s mainstream media, in order to present Trump as the “bad guy”. The same corrupt Left are destroying nationhood and taking the whole world into a one-world system of globalised control and a vicious one-world government, without ever have asked the electorates whether they want to go down that road.

I grant you that Trump is an imperfect human being, but he does appear to stand for independent nationhood, and refuses to go along with the insane high taxing “save the planet” Green agenda of centralised global control. And yet, Trump is seen as the outlaw; while Obama, Clinton, Corbyn and May, Macron, Merkel, etc. are viewed as the “good guys” by the very loud Left and the supporting mainstream media.

In the mean time, Mrs May is behaving like a complete lunatic, who would NOT recognise truth if it smacked her in the face.

I really don’t understand how the mainstream media has been so successful at convincing the public that the really bad guys are the “good guys”, and the good guy (Trump) is a “raving lunatic”. I can only assume that a severe case of blindness, coupled with the total abandonment of all discernment between good and evil has over-taken the whole world.

However, this I do see; the level of universal hatred directed at Trump is a powerful indicator that exposes and reveals the degree of wickedness that fills the hearts and minds of so many today; they have become like insane ravenous wolves that are determined to devour every measure of goodness, truth, decency, and what we once considered to be, until fairly recently - “normality” . It’s like a madness has taken over the Western world, a total surrender of all reason and common sense. At the same time the people are behaving as though we are living in perfectly “normal” times.

Frankly, I see the world as being on an unstoppable downward political and spiritual helter-skelter that is heading for something that will be exceedingly unpleasant, and in the very near future.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:05 pm 

Well i thought leaving the EEC would mean
Duty free back
No flight tax
car CO2 relaxed , car tax lowered
be able to buy normal bulbs , i find that a problem
No green tax on energy
Build new coal fired power stations
etc etc etc
but it wont happen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:44 pm 

Westonman, call me an old cynic if you like but I don't believe that there are any 'good' or 'bad' political leaders, as I see it they are all flawed to a greater or lesser extent. Also of course behind each political leader there are powerful vested interests wanting pay-back for their 'investment'.