News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: The future is EXPENSIVE
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:07 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... R9LnDrX6cI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:45 pm 

I guess that so-called smart meters are going to be a part of all this ..... I will certainly resist having one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:16 pm 

Yes RK. Smart meters are definitely part of this, without them the time of day price system cannot work. I suspect that either smart meters will become compulsory, or the tariffs will be significantly increased for not having a smart meter. It will be similar to the EU Remain/Leave referendum; yes you have a "choice", but your choice will be ignored. Only the globalist elite have a real choice, and they will never listen to the people.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:02 pm 

So they want us all to charge our electric cars from home then maybe raise leccy prices.

I can also see gas being wound down so even more reliance on electricity.

Once that's occurred the energy companies will have a monopoly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:47 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
So they want us all to charge our electric cars from home then maybe raise leccy prices.

I can also see gas being wound down so even more reliance on electricity.

Once that's occurred the energy companies will have a monopoly.

Kremmen, How right you are. Checkout these links:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arget.html

https://www.logic4training.co.uk/blog/h ... urely-not/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 19571.html

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-change

Clearly, there is no end to this insanity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 pm 

Be warned, there will also be a huge effort to ban open fires. It's already happening in other countries. All release of smoke into the atmosphere will be described as toxic and as responsible for thousands of deaths a year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:18 pm 

Jon wrote:
Be warned, there will also be a huge effort to ban open fires. It's already happening in other countries. All release of smoke into the atmosphere will be described as toxic and as responsible for thousands of deaths a year.

I received the usual glossy monthly magazine from the local authority yesterday, one of those local authorities that is constantly claiming that it has insufficient money to provide for essential local services (strange how the local civic centre car park is packed tight with large BMW, Audi, Ranger Rover, and Mercedes cars). I quickly scanned through the magazine contents to see whether there was anything of worth in it before I stowed it in the compulsory recycling bin. The only article that stood out from the numerous glossy coloured pages of mind-numbing nonsense was one article describing the latest “regional” plans for the whole of this particular EU region to become 100% CARBON NEUTRAL by 2080, with the next phase to start in 2020.

The plans include very few private cars (presumably only for the local authority elite) and only electric powered cars, autonomous electric vehicles, the current road layouts to be changed yet again to enable more privately owned bus services to clutter up the reduced road space, employees to live next to their place of work (sounds like slave camps), reduced electricity consumption derived only from GREEN sources, and the abolition of domestic gas boilers and wood burners. Plus more walking and cycling to and from the shops; there are only two very grey elderlies living in my home, and even our small weekly shop is impossible for us to carry home from the local shops, and cycling for the likes of myself is 100% out of the question.

I completed another annual trip (birthday) around the sun this week, thankfully there is very little chance of my being around by 2080, or anytime close to that date. If ever these planners do fully implement their insane anti-carbon policies, then those unfortunate enough to have to live in it are going to know what real hardship and misery means.

In the mean time, large areas of green field sites are being covered with “affordable” unattractive, expensive, very small, gas heated “little boxes” that will be unfit for purpose long before any mortgage on them has been redeemed, and certainly long before 2080. Do local authority/regional planners have to posses any sense of reality these days, or has political correctness overruled all sound reasoning?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 am 

Westonman, the answer to your final two questions is an emphatic NO to the first and a YES to the second. As you say, thank God we won't be around to have to live amongst all this madness although I fear for my grand-children and what they will have to endure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 am 

Have you seen the latest reports that many new houses have been and continue to be built with sub standard mortar.

Scary.

They reckon you can employ a 'snagger' for new houses but not a full blown survey. I'd buck the trend.

However, when I start looking, in about 6 months, it'll be a proper survey on an existing house.

I know what to look for though. When we were investigating last year we found a complete estate in Tilehurst where the brick below the DPC was all showing serious effervescence and the mortar at that level was also falling out.
None of this estate seemed to have houses that I would consider having been looked after which I put down to the owners knowing they have serious issues so not worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 am 

Rich Kid wrote:
As you say, thank God we won't be around to have to live amongst all this madness although I fear for my grand-children and what they will have to endure.
I totally agree with you RK. I fear for my grand-children too; the politically correct nonsense they are subjected to in school and university these days is way beyond criminal. Sadly, the whole world has gone crazy; even migrating to foreign shores these days provides no escape from what appears to be universal globalist insanity. "They" like to refer to it as the New World Order; New World CHAOS/INSANITY would be is a more accurate description.