News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 pm 

Interesting article concerning particulate matter (PM):
https://fairdriving.uk/bad-science-feed ... an-our-air

I haven’t travelled on the LT Underground for about 3 decades or more. But I do remember there was always a strange dusty metallic smell, and the smell of electric arcing from the trains.

Back in the 1970s I worked adjacent to an overground railway. There was an occasion when I was required to send an air sample of our work-space to an external laboratory for analysis. When the report came back it stated that our work place air was heavily polluted with carbon steel particles from the nearby external railway.

If our internal work place was contaminated from somewhat infrequent trains passing some 200 yards away, and out of doors; how much worse must the pollution of carbon steel particulate matter and brake dust be on the LT Underground, where the trains are far more frequent, within a closed environment, and up-close-and-personal with air breathing humans?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:15 am 

Brilliant thanks. I keep saying all these things are made up, of course they are. I can't get a state pension until I'm 67 because we're all apparently living longer; this is happening all over Europe, yet cars are being increasingly banned from town and city centres because millions are allegedly being killed by what comes out of the exhausts. And if people think the fake scares will stop with electric cars, they're wrong: hysteria is already being whipped up about dust from car brakes.

Apart from that, if people think we'll all be driving around in electric cars they are sadly deluded. The physics and the economics both say that is IMPOSSIBLE. We won't be driving round in electric cars, we'll be driving round in nothing (except the chosen few). WE will have to make do with whatever communal transport the state provides - so long as we have enough carbon credits in our account.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:46 pm 

In the “bad ol’ days”, when sanity, rationality, common sense, and genuine science were widely and positively regarded by those who governed us, this nation had numerous coal-fired power stations. Several coal powered stations were strung out along the River Thames and the River Trent, where there was abundant supplies of cooling water. We also had a very significant number of powerful nuclear power stations sited along the Bristol Channel and the estuary of the River Seven, and at coastal sites around Britain, and with one in-land sited in Trawsfynydd in North Wales where lake water was used as the coolant. Trawfynydd would also pump water up hill for storage to generate hydroelectric power at peak times of demand in order to feed the National Grid during TV adverts, when the demand for electricity would rapidly rise. In those “bad ol’ days” it was generally considered that a 30% surplus of electricity generating capacity was required in order to meet unforeseen needs, and they did arise. Without all that surplus generating capacity the British people would have been in desperate straights during those miners’ strikes of the 1970s.

I’ve worked at many of those nuclear power stations, I was also present at Hinckley Point during the commissioning phase in the early 1960s. Those were the days when Harold Wilson, Prime Minister, talked of the “Red Hot Technology of the future”, where we would all enjoy abundant and cheap electricity. Contrast Wilson’s forecast with today’s political wilful destruction of our ability to produce any electricity, least of all that which is affordable. At the same time the current destructive political class insist on forcing us all to use electric transport and electric domestic heating, and WITHOUT making any plans or arrangements to increase the generating capacity of the National grid to meet those needs. Be aware, it isn’t only electric cars; they are planning electric trains, buses, and juggernauts, all to run off the inadequate and unreliable supply of wind and solar generated electricity. This has to be the definition of political insanity. The emperor really does not have any clothes.

In those “bad ol’ days” we also designed, built, managed, and maintained ALL our own nuclear power stations; all the skills and supply lines were also within our own national borders, under our own control. Today the down-graded political class claim we no longer have the skills required to perform these wonders of engineering; a situation that springs directly out of a politically dumbed-down education system from the 1960s onward.

Under this current political class, not only will the national grid crash, the unemployment and death rates for the non-elite will sky-rocket. Meanwhile China and India are building and commissioning hundreds of coal-fired power stations. Germany too is building coal burning power stations since they switched off their nuclear power stations. The last figures I’ve seen of French electricity generation state that 83% of French electrify comes from nuclear power. And we purchase French nuclear generated electricity, supplied by inter-connectors under the Channel.