News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

I've created new photo albums to replace the ones which were lost.

It's a tragedy.... ten year's worth of contributions.

I will reupload lots of material I do have over the coming weeks and months. I also have a huge and fantastic new archive of Grange Park photos to upload which have been sent to me over the past month.

I'd be so grateful to any of you who were able to visit and reupload any of the pix you contributed.

If you'd like a personal album for your photos, please tell me and I'll create one.

Many thanks.

photos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:48 pm 

So what is http://community.webshots.com/user/hayesmiddx ?
Can't these photos be recovered?
Phil :?

Last edited by festive50 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 am 

You raise a good point. Yes, indeed they are safe, can be saved an reuploaded to the new albums ... you and I have been here before haven't we!!

The big snag with all of this is: time.

There are hundreds of photos in those albums; I'm just rediscovering how they work and the desktop for bulk downloading.

I can download and re-upload (though I have to pay for premium membership to do it in bulk, the only realistic way of doing it), but when uploading, new albums must first be created and then the right photos uploaded to those albums. All do-able in time, the impossibly time consuming part would be adding captions, or at least basic titles to each file so people know what they're looking at and so things can be found if people do searches. They download from Webshots with long numbers instead of names. :cry:

The same goes for lots of other photos, pages and articles which I will have on my old laptop and on an external harddrive. Finding, re-uploading and linking it all together would take so long I'd need to take months off work and go at it full time.

I already have a large backlog of things that needed doing before the sites vanished. :cry: :cry:

Anyway..... in time, lots will start to reappear, but lots has also been lost though I'm hoping many of the people who uploaded wonderful material to the albums will do so again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:16 am 

Jon wrote:
You raise a good point. Yes, indeed they are safe, can be saved an reuploaded to the new albums ... you and I have been here before haven't we!!

The big snag with all of this is: time.

There are hundreds of photos in those albums; I'm just rediscovering how they work and the desktop for bulk downloading.

I can download and re-upload (though I have to pay for premium membership to do it in bulk, the only realistic way of doing it), but when uploading, new albums must first be created and then the right photos uploaded to those albums. All do-able in time, the impossibly time consuming part would be adding captions, or at least basic titles to each file so people know what they're looking at and so things can be found if people do searches. They download from Webshots with long numbers instead of names. :cry:

The same goes for lots of other photos, pages and articles which I will have on my old laptop and on an external harddrive. Finding, re-uploading and linking it all together would take so long I'd need to take months off work and go at it full time.

I already have a large backlog of things that needed doing before the sites vanished. :cry: :cry:

Anyway..... in time, lots will start to reappear, but lots has also been lost though I'm hoping many of the people who uploaded wonderful material to the albums will do so again.

David Humber has been busy over the past weeks uploading many photos of Uxbridge, and then Denham, which he took in about 1963. They have been so good to see because Uxbridge has changed so much. There is also a favourite of mine which shows the canal in Southall and a barge being pulled along by a tractor on the towpath. The albums are so interesting and enjoyable to look at and so can only hope more posters will add their own photos again in the future.
Marian.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:42 pm 

Hear hear!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:49 pm 

My ex next door neighbour, before I moved away. Had a copy of every photo from way back when. On a spare hard drive. I'll e mail him and ask if he wants to share them with you. Unless you would like to contact him yourself.
I'm sure you should have his e mail address ;- "batty bat"