News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
How poor was the Beeb's coverage today???.

This was supposed to be a celebration of HM's 60 years in the job and required some kind of reverence and seriousness. But oh no, we had cameras (and idiotic reporters) showing Jubilee babies being born at a nearby hospital, John Sargent forgetting he was supposed to commentating and resorting to shouting repeatedly 'Hurray' as the royal barge went by, and people attempting to pain at picture from the millennium bridge in the pouring rain (they failed!).

I was constantly attempting to find the best coverage between BBC & Sky and gave up when the BBC missed the Royal barge passing through Tower Bridge. Instead, they showed a rather vacuous Tess Daley in Battersea Park with some eccentric revellers.

So sky it was. OK, Eamon Holmes is more than irritating, but at least the coverage - the pictures shown - were about the pageant and not celeb based. Shane on you BBC - I hope they get it right by the Olympics

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 14668.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I enjoyed it (the bits I watched) and I love it when things go wrong

It's just a shame the weather was so awful


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
I watched it on BBC. I agree some of it was irritating but they had the better pictures!!

I don't get sky news in HD cos I refuse to give Murdoch any more than is absolutely necessary..

Am looking forward to the concert... It should be a corker and I hope the weather keeps fine!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
We must have had the same coverage here, your commentators look like brain surgeons compared to ours. (can't wait for the Olympics to see who gets the gold medal for asking the most stupid question)
Saw a bloke painting a door, our grandkids can do better than that, what was that all about?
:lol:

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Sunshine wrote:
I enjoyed it (the bits I watched) and I love it when things go wrong
It's just a shame the weather was so awful

I got this

Today I been a boating.
The pageant was quite slick,
Was going rather well until - The D of E was sick
He couldnt keep his luncheon down,
he said the Thames had 'swell'.
which prompted an upsurge from his stomach,
and he covered Camilla well.
Camilla was so not best pleased, she went out for a fag,
a gust of wind whipped past her arm and relieved her of her bag.
Charlie shouted 'bag overboard' - which puzzled all the crew,
when one brave matelot bravely said to him 'Sir, she's stood right next to you'.
'Off with his head' old Charlie cried, 'tis tantamount to treason' .
William intervened just then "Papa, thats hardly a reason".
So the day did pass with pukey duke, resting upon his laurel.
"Cant bloody wait to get the train , and bugger off to Balmoral".

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
:lol:

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke