geezer466 wrote:
Moley wrote:
Talking of Cllrs.....the local ones who used to frequent these boards some time ago are noticeable by their very obvious absence. Why is that ? They can't blame it on the website dissapearing temporarily, because they deserted it long before that.
So much for local democracy and accountability.
They and other potential wannabes will be back come election time.........
I kid you not, history will repeat itself.
As to contributing outside of those times I can see their point. Why stick yourself up on a wall to have stones thrown at you when you are under no obligation to do so..........
I see your point to an extent, but why stick yourself up on a wall in the first place if you have no intention of engaging with the electorate, other than when it suits you ? I think we all know the answer to that. I can't for the life of me think why election turnouts, be they local or national, are so low.
On the old site there was a thread along the lines of 'Suggestions to the Council', started I believe by a local councillor. ( possibly SSD ? ) If Im not mistaken not one cllr responded to any of the questions or points raised. When are the next local elections due ?
Maybe I should forget all about politics and just stick to weather forecasts. Moley
