News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 11:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
Don't these tickets have not transferable printed on them?
I am not knocking the practice, indeed I have done it myself in the car parks in Hayes town but would mention don't let the little Hitlers who check the tickets and machines see you do it. Be discreet. No doubt somewhere under local health authority rules is will be 'against the rules' chargeable by a penalty of many times the daily parking charge.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I'm sure it is against the rules.

I'll take my chances though :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
It did occur to me that they would have the 'non-transferable' clause but to be honest I didn't look at the ticket itself for that. Its certainly not mentioned on the signage by the ticket machines though. I would be suprised if its not against the rules.

It just proves its nothing more than a cash cow. Since no extra parking space is being taken, as one car leaves, another one enters. Each one theoretically paying over and over for the same space. That said as I mentioned, the car park was half full/empty anyway. I can't think why.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
Not all hospital car parks have the kind of tickets you can give away (Hillingdon for example)

We're off to West Middlesex tomorrow. We have to go by car and have a blue badge but we will still have to pay a fortune to park up for the afternoon.

I'll let you know how much the charge is when I get back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:08 pm
Posts: 120
Just had a distressing time getting out of the Hospital parking lot. One of those take your ticket with you; pay at the central machine on your way out then use the new ticket to exit.
The moron ahead obviously does not read; gets to the gate; tries his entry ticket 5 or 6 times; it did not work the first two why would it be different on the 4th or 5th ?
Finally tries to back up and almost backed into wife's car; she pipped the horn when he got too close so he gave her the finger; drove forward and worked his way back to the central machine. Ann and the car behind had already backed as far as possible to give him as much space as possible !
Really needed the stress after half a day having ` Glow in the dark' injections followed by CT Scans.
We have 7.7 % unemployment here; why not throw out these expensive all singing all dancing computerised bandits and hire flexible, thinking, young humans ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
If I had been given 'the finger' and then he disappeared off to validate his ticket he would have been annoyed when he got back. :)

Last Summer I had an idiot cut me up on the chicane by Yeading Comet. I had to brake quite hard to avoid this muppet as he cut across from the right to left lane. I flashed him and I got the finger.
Slowly followed him into the Tesco car park and I though I was very polite leaving a message under his wiper.

"Thank you for driving like a moron to save about 10 seconds of your valuable time. It's now going to take you about 5 minutes of that time to pump up your rear offside tyre - have a nice day"

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
whats was the point of flashing him , if the incidend was over ??, its like sounding the horn , for no purpose but anger , no point
just road rage , calm down , you will just make it worse


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
john wrote:
whats was the point of flashing him , if the incidend was over ??, its like sounding the horn , for no purpose but anger , no point
just road rage , calm down , you will just make it worse



Pretend your lights are a death ray....feels much better!
:lol:

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I was amazed when we got charged £2.40 for parking this afternoon. We were there for one hour


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:08 pm
Posts: 120
Kremmen wrote:
If I had been given 'the finger' and then he disappeared off to validate his ticket he would have been annoyed when he got back. :)

Last Summer I had an idiot cut me up on the chicane by Yeading Comet. I had to brake quite hard to avoid this muppet as he cut across from the right to left lane. I flashed him and I got the finger.
Slowly followed him into the Tesco car park and I though I was very polite leaving a message under his wiper.

"Thank you for driving like a moron to save about 10 seconds of your valuable time. It's now going to take you about 5 minutes of that time to pump up your rear offside tyre - have a nice day"



Just loved the one recently where a young idiot was given a ticket for speeding plus one for not wearing his seat belt.
As he drove off the smart a** gave the female OPP Officer the finger; she promptly responded with a third ticket for ` Improper driving signal ' !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke