| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://www.westlondonchat.com/ |
|
| Internet sites BLOCKED https://www.westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1803 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | ARTFTE [ Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Internet sites BLOCKED |
I thought there was trouble all yesterday with my connection? and heres why. I'm beginning to wonder Why i need 50mb/sec at a cost of just under £50 a month ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [[Share this: Facebook14 Twitter44 Google+ Reddit By Robert Purchese Published 09/05/2012 Hacker collective Anonymous has DDOS attacked, and taken down, the Virgin Media website. Branson Will Anonymous hold the website to Branson? Why? Because internet service provider Virgin Media has denied UK customers access to torrent sharing website The Pirate Bay. "Anonymous have just taken down #VirginMedia website again because of their involvement in the #Censorship of The Pirate Bay " tweeted Anonymous. Virginmedia.com still appears to be down, although store.virginmedia.com loads as normal for us. The Virgin Media Twitter account doesn't appear to specifically reference the website being down, although some of the conversations reference it. The Pirate Bay block was ordered by the High Court in the UK last week. Internet service providers like Virgin Media - and 02, TalkTalk, Sky, Everything Everywhere, etc. - must obey the order by law. |
|
| Author: | Robongar [ Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
Pirate bay, was shut down a week ago!!! https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-cre ... re-141215/ |
|
| Author: | geezer466 [ Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
All major UK ISP's restrict access to 'questionable' sites commensurate with copyright theft. http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/about/ FACT are able to go into court at short notice and obtain notices forcing the ISP's to remove access. DDOS attacks are just one of those things. There is already sufficient legislation on the statute to deal with offenders robustly when they catch up with them. If the restrictions get you down read up on how to obtain proxy's or establish a private VPN. You will almost certainly need your own router (not BT or Sky, Virgin standard issue) to accomplish this. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
There are some selfish people out there who ruin the experience for thousands by attacking websites. As you say the ISP's are being told to stop access to certain sites that operate outside of the law and these people don't like it so they attack. They should be fined heavily if/when found |
|
| Author: | ARTFTE [ Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
Does any one have Talk-Talk .and if so what do you think ?please
|
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
PlusNet fibre here |
|
| Author: | Rich Kid [ Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
Kremmen wrote: PlusNet fibre here Same for me ... |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
After TalkTalk's second known hack in a year I would give them a wide berth. |
|
| Author: | ARTFTE [ Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
Kremmen wrote: After TalkTalk's second known hack in a year I would give them a wide berth. I took your advice and I am staying with Virgin . Better the Devil you know!! |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Internet sites BLOCKED |
I have had a nightmare cancelling my subscription with Talk Talk I started this process just before the hacking news broke, but since then they keep phoning me to discuss my cancellation. They insist on knowing my password before any discussion, but I refused time and time again saying you called me so you know who I am, but I haven't got a clue who you are! The Indian call wranglers couldn't cope with that complicated language, so hung up. Five weeks ago, an English person phoned me. I explained my dilemma and said I would only communicate with head office by snail mail and would send them an old fashioned check to clear my balance I just got the letter today saying I am to be cut off (I dont even use them now) in 2 days. Thank God. What a crap company, who should be called 'Can't Talk Talk' |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|