WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://www.westlondonchat.com/

Working At Home
https://www.westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=201
Page 1 of 10

Author:  Badminton Girl [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Working At Home

My job allows me to work at home 2 to 3 times a week. Although this is great, I do get a bit of cabin fever.

Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Author:  Kremmen [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

WFH is a nightmare for me. I'm too handy for her indoors who never stops yakking :(

Author:  Badminton Girl [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

Ah my other half can't understand why the ironing hasn't been done when i've been W@H for the last 3 days.

He misses the point of the Working bit of at home.

Author:  jim [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

Badminton Girl wrote:
Ah my other half can't understand why the ironing hasn't been done when i've been W@H for the last 3 days

have you thought of seeing to his needs. you wait until he is asleep, then come down to do your home working, keeping quiet so not to disturb him, then having his breakfast on the table, see him off with a smile. then do the washing and polishing, maybe if you are quick, get a part time day job. :o ;)

Author:  Badminton Girl [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

jim wrote:
Badminton Girl wrote:
Ah my other half can't understand why the ironing hasn't been done when i've been W@H for the last 3 days

have you thought of seeing to his needs. you wait until he is asleep, then come down to do your home working, keeping quiet so not to disturb him, then having his breakfast on the table, see him off with a smile. then do the washing and polishing, maybe if you are quick, get a part time day job. :o ;)



Now there's an idea lol

Author:  Kremmen [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

Jim, you're slipping, you forgot slippers gently warmed and dinner on the table for when he gets in.

Author:  jim [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

Did not forget, its part of standing orders along with running bath :o :o

Author:  Jon [ Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

I'd love to work from home. What's cabin fever?? Never heard of it.

Author:  Kremmen [ Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

I can guess at being stuck indoors on your own ?

Author:  SOT [ Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Working At Home

I worked from home a few times a week for a couple of years when I was self employed. The flexibility was great in that you choose what time you start & finish, but when I was very busy, Mrs SOT couldn't understand why I couldn't run the hoover around (yes Jim I know, what a stupid question!!), do the washing up, unload or load the washing machine, buy some toilet rolls or collect the dry cleaning etc etc.

She also got the hump when I worked well past normal office hours - once until 3am - to meet deadlines. Add to that the cabin fever effect of working in a 6ft x 6ft office (box room), I understand exactly the negative side that working from home can create. I found myself working in my dressing gown at 11.30 one morning and was becoming completely disorganised.

Now I work in a huge office, travel to c London daily and am just a pay number. Bizarrely, I sort of prefer it and wouldn't go back to home/lone working again out of choice

Page 1 of 10 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/