| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://www.westlondonchat.com/ |
|
| What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hillingdon? https://www.westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=212 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hillingdon? |
I would like to see some of the following GBK - Gormet Kitchen Burger Pizza Express Decent DIY shop Picturehouse Cinema White Stuff clothes shop |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
There is a Pizza Express in Uxbridge and a huge B & Q in Hayes (not sure if that's a decent DIY shop or not) |
|
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
Oh yes I forgot about the Pizza Express in Uxbridge, the B&Q is good in Hayes maybe I was thinking more about West Drayton. |
|
| Author: | Uncle Festa [ Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
A waitrose(decent beer) yes I know Lidal used to be one many years ago and a John Lewis(5 year gaurentees)same price as currys A Sushi bar or two would be nice proper asian food rather than the plastic chinese resturants that we have any one remember the Yohan Plaza and a couple of decent Italian/Greek resturants family run not your chains with freeze dried chemical radio active frozen rubbish PING are you sure with stupid service couldnt care less and noisey kids partys. Service and decent resturant seem to be a thing of the past. Mrs Festa wants a Tiffanys (only to look in the window as we couldnt afford it) We are defoe missing a decent fish n chip shop Woolworths would be nice Fact is we travel a long way for proper nice food shame they cant get it right in Hillingdon |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
There's a Pizza Express in Ruislip too! Re fish and chips... I've always enojyed Grants Atlanta, Uxbridge Road, Hayes end and also Aquarius in Kingshill Ave. People on here were raving about Aquarius a while back. When it closed for refurbishment it was amazing to see the constant stream of people turning up and being really frustrated it was shut; some told me they'd travelled a long way as they reckonded their fish and chips were the best. Nothing to replace the atmosphere and wonderful salt-and-vinegary smell of fish and chip shops a few years back though, like Lincoln's in East Avenue!! Used to like the one of the corner of Craven Close too (I think it might have been called Craven Fish Bar) (Uxbridge Road right opposite Central Ave). |
|
| Author: | Moley [ Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
2 very good fish and chip shops in the north of the borough. Pisces in Field End Road, Eastcote, and Fletchers Fish Bar in Pinner Green ( strictly speaking its in the borough of Harrow ) |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
There are simply not enough delivery pizza companies, preferably with staff who barely speak English and have no driving licenses. I would also like to receive just a few more leaflets advertising pizzas shoved halfway through my letter box too. Once it was healthy milk and eggs that were delivered free to your door. Now it's over priced plastic pizzas (fancy cheese on toast) and fat laden curries. That's progress I suppose! |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
I have never ordered a pizza either from a pizza shop or a home delivery service. I always think they're posh cheese on toast too. I would like to see a fishmonger locally. Also a decent butcher shop - it would be nice to walk to the shops and get what I need without having to go to a big supermarket |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
I've ordered loads of pizzas in the past, but not so much nowadays. I once read that pizzas have the highest profit margin of any convenience food. Cost about £1 or less to make, yet sold for a tenner or more. |
|
| Author: | john [ Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What Shops Restaurants would you like to see in Hilling |
no good . if you cant park outside them I dont want to eat a meal , and park in a car park , a long was away , at night |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|