| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://www.westlondonchat.com/ |
|
| Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot https://www.westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=222 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
What's your favorite? Just a Minute The Now Show The News Quiz I'm sorry I haven't a clue |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
... or none of the above ? They used to do: The Goons Navy Lark Embassy Lark Clitheroe Kid I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again Al Read ? and probably a few more I've forgotten |
|
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
My husband likes the goons, but rest i've not heard of. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
Obviously not around in the 60's then ? 14:00 on a Sunday afternoon was comedy hour on the Light Program (now Radio 2) |
|
| Author: | Moley [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
Kremm. If you have a DAB radio, pick up BBC Radio 4 Extra. They replay a lot of those you have listed almost daily, plus more. A DAB radio should be able to tune into it automatically. I think its also possible to listen 'online'. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/ Moley |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
Yes I have, yes I do, and I sometimes record then on the PVR as well |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
Just a Minute's been a favourite of mine since I was a kid... Clement Freud, Derek Nimmo, Kenneth Williams and Peter Jones with of course Nicholas Parsons. Also like News Quiz and ISIHAC but I don't often hear any of them these days. |
|
| Author: | Badminton Girl [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
I've been to quite a few of the recordings, quite interesting to watch radio. Got tickets for The Now Show next week |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
Excellent!! |
|
| Author: | Uncle Festa [ Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Radio 4 18:30 Comedy Slot |
Clement Freud The Dryest person ever so fuuny it hurt. Cant think of anyone even like him. Did any see the series of "just a minute" on bbc2 about 15 years ago....well it was Brill but worked better on radio |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|