Great piece by James Delingpole:
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/0 ... h-experts/About 15 years ago a hospital consultant, a presumed expert on the human spinal column, told me that I would never again walk without a walking stick. I’ve never walked with one, and I’ve done some serious walking since I was told I would never walk without a stick.
During my working life as an engineer I met and worked with a a large number of ‘experts’. Ranging from health physicists responsible for the health a safety of radiation workers, to professors of engineering.
There was an occasion when a radiation worker was suspected of having received a dangerous dose of radiation and contamination of the body. The Health Physicist concerned was over-seeing and controlling the tests being carried out on the radiation worker. His team were trying to perform spectral analysis on the ‘patient’ looking for a particular radio isotope inside the radiation worker, by using our equipment appropriate to the task. This equipment was normally in regular use by the team of professionals. However, on this particular occasion the team could not obtain anything like a proper test response from the spectrum analyser and associated detectors. A very urgent phone call was made for me to get there ASAP. I was at that time about 100 miles away on another task. After a dash across country I arrived on site, not knowing what I was going to find. I soon discovered that one essential switch on our equipment was in an incorrect position. Red faces all around from the Health Physicist and his team. Even experts can get it wrong, especially when in a panic. I suspect the potential seriousness of that occasion had reduced the teams’ ability to see the obvious. The need to restore a potentially dangerous situation to normality can have strange effects on our ability to reason rationally and clearly.
On another occasion I was called out to an engineering laboratory because a professor of engineering claimed that certain equipment designed and manufactured by the company I was employed by, failed to work properly. When I arrived at the laboratory, the professor was using an electron microscope from which had coupled the output of his electron microscope to our supplied equipment. The claim was that our equipment was incapable of providing the correct resolution to meet the needs of the electron microscope. I carried out tests to prove the response and resolution of our equipment; all was perfect. I questioned the professor as to whether he was sure he had setup his electron microscope correctly – he was adamant that he had done everything correctly – he went and rechecked, and confirmed that he had done things correctly. I phoned back to base to discuss the problem with my manager. As I was replacing the telephone receiver the professor came rushing in shouting at me to come quickly. It turned out that he had NOT setup his electron microscope correctly – it was badly defocused, hence his lack of resolution. Another expert who was apparently blinded by his own sense of superiority and learning. Was he more willing to assume that others were at fault because he was so clever?
We should never let an ‘expert’ convince us that our common sense is invalid. ‘Experts’ are only human. With many of them convinced that they can do no wrong. Also, many an ‘expert’ are actually very limited in their understanding of the real world because they have allowed themselves to become so specialised within a very small discipline of training and reading. I’ve known an ‘expert’ who was quite incapable of hammering a nail into a piece of wood.
We should not forget the experts of Dr Mann of the USA, and Dr Jones who was professor at East Anglia University. The leaked emails referred to by James Delingpole in the above linked article proved that both those experts were not above massaging global ‘climate temperatures’ in order to achieve their desired outcome. A massive act of deception that even today the political class will not acknowledge or accept. Which of course, casts grave questions over the validity of the COVID-19 scare from officialdom, science ‘expert’s, and the mainstream media.