WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://www.westlondonchat.com/

Lock-down: How its easily justified
https://www.westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2510
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Westonman [ Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Lock-down: How its easily justified

I received a phone call from one of my granddaughters last evening. She’s a 17 year old studying at collage for her A levels in Mathematics, Advanced Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology. She’s a bright kid, but lacks maturity. Because of the ‘lock-down’ she’s having to put in 8 hours of home study every day. Her exams are due in 2021, assuming the ‘lock-down’ has been removed.

We discussed the coronavirus. My granddaughter expressed the opinion that people fell into one of two groups; where one group considered the coronavirus was over-hyped and presented no threat, while the second group believed the virus was a major threat to all human life. I explained that I believe the threat has been grossly over-rated for the vast majority of people, but did pose a threat to those who were in poor health with major problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure patients on medication, cancer sufferers, HIV patients, smokers, etc. etc. But for most healthy people the risk was minimal. I also expressed the opinion that a blanket lock-down was an unnecessary over-reaction on the part of government, and that all that’s required is for those with special health weaknesses to take very much more care of themselves by isolating. After-all, flu kills many people every year, but no lock-down is put in place.

I also mentioned this document: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-conseq ... f-covid-19
Which is a major contradiction of the lock-down policy and the accompanying emergency measures to control us.

I asked my granddaughter what she thought of the threat posed by the virus. This is where it gets very scary; she replied, “I just believe what I’m told by the government and my teachers.” That is how the young are so easily misled and used as useful idiots. A politician or a teacher says it, so it must be true. That is how the climate change myth gains ground.

The readers’ comment to this article are revealing:
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/0 ... g-walkers/

Author:  Jon [ Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lock-down: How its easily justified

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk ... erous.html

Author:  Westonman [ Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lock-down: How its easily justified

Jon wrote:
https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2020/03/an-expert-says-the-current-response-to-the-coronavirus-is-grotesque-absurd-and-very-dangerous.html

Thanks Jon. I actually read Peter Hitchens last Sunday. In my opinion he is quite correct; we are witnessing the destruction of both our national economy and the global economy – without any justification.

Checkout the numbers of deaths from this, the Governments own web site:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ndandwales

Open up the 2020 spreadsheet together with the spreadsheets for any previous years. From the bottom of each spreadsheet select the "Weekly Figures" tab, such as "Weekly Figures 2020". Do the same for a previous year. At the top of each spreadsheet the first  row shows "Total weekly deaths"; the second row down shows a rolling average of weekly deaths for the previous 5 years.
Now compare the weekly deaths for this year (2020) with any previous year, and against the rolling 5 year average row. The numbers suggest that nothing abnormal is going on this year.

Maybe these numbers should form part of a simple data analysis on-line lesson for secondary school students during the school shutdown.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/