WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://www.westlondonchat.com/

Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough
https://www.westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=374
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Badminton Girl [ Fri May 11, 2012 11:59 am ]
Post subject:  Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

Just want to start a positive thread about what's good about the Hillingdon Borough, as a relative newbie to the area, I'm always looking for new places to explore or new activities to get involved with.

What do you think is good?

Author:  chris_guest [ Fri May 11, 2012 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

Still thinking, will get back to you ;) ;)

Author:  Kremmen [ Fri May 11, 2012 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

Definitely a puzzler !

Author:  Westonman [ Fri May 11, 2012 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

What's good about Hillingdon Borough?

Erm...

...it's not in Iran...

...nor North Korea.

I doesn't appear to suffer from Tsunamis.

It does look better in the rear view mirror though, and even better from a window of a departing aircraft.

Unfortunately, the above apply equally well to so much of the UK these days.

Author:  geezer466 [ Fri May 11, 2012 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

Some peeps on here reckon it has a brill website....... ;)

A fairer question might have been what is the quality of life like living in Hillingdon compared to say 10,15 and 20 years ago.

Most people would find that one a lot easier to answer....

Author:  Pam [ Fri May 11, 2012 4:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

:lol:

Author:  Badminton Girl [ Fri May 11, 2012 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

geezer466 wrote:
Some peeps on here reckon it has a brill website....... ;)

A fairer question might have been what is the quality of life like living in Hillingdon compared to say 10,15 and 20 years ago.

Most people would find that one a lot easier to answer....


Yes this was one of the first things I found about when I first moved here, although the UB7.Org website puts a more positive outlook on Hillingdon.

I'm sure an area has changed over time for better and worse I'm sure, but we are here now and I thought it would be nice to highlight the good things rather than bad things about the area.

Author:  Brian [ Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

As an ex-pat I can only comment on the past, say pre 1966.
My two visits to Hayes (in 1992 and 2002) were quite depressing and from the general comments it hasn't improved.
Sad, isn't it?
:(

Author:  gmr [ Sat May 12, 2012 1:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

Brian wrote:
As an ex-pat I can only comment on the past, say pre 1966.
My two visits to Hayes (in 1992 and 2002) were quite depressing and from the general comments it hasn't improved.
Sad, isn't it?
:(

I still have relatives there who give it a mixed review :- The conservative types live in good res and love it: the socialit tpes live in counil acomodtion nd also love it . Nowt so quare s folks

Author:  jim [ Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hillingdon - What Good About The Borough

what is good? still thinking, what is bad? also thinking! not realy one or the other. cant be that bad as still here since moving in 1938, on balance OK I suppose. ;) :x

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/