WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://www.westlondonchat.com/

Police Cuts
https://www.westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=433
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Kremmen [ Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Police Cuts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-18341410

Goes without saying really. This was always going to be the outcome.

Author:  geezer466 [ Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Police Cuts

Kremmen wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-18341410

Goes without saying really. This was always going to be the outcome.


Hardly surprising a police force (or its federation) criticising the cutting the size of its budget!! I would be mildly astounded if they didn't.

This is manipulation of data to serve its purpose. There should be plenty of scope for them to make savings if they were to look hard enough. For example a quick look at the Lancs police authority website sees they are advertising a number of senior officer positions an assistant chief constable being one of them.

That is where they need to look they need to reduce the senior officers to free up money to employ officers on the ground but you know who gets to make the decisions in these things.
Maybe changing the pension arrangements allowing retirement @ age 50 on full benefits should be examined as well. There are plenty of other savings to be made they just don't look hard enough

Nothing to see here chaps please move along.... I don't see any of the other police authorities whining..

Author:  captain_flynn [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Police Cuts

I'm not sure that messing with their pension would be a great thing. I assume the retirement age is probably set out for health reasons, much like the rule that airline pilots retire at 55.

From my understanding the Metropolitan Police Service are currently recruiting PCSO's, or atleast I keep seeing online adverts about it. Perhaps they are trying to make up the numbers that way, along with Special Constables.

Author:  Kremmen [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Police Cuts

I was reading somewhere that if you phone for a Pizza and 999 at the same time the Pizza would probably arrive first

Author:  captain_flynn [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Police Cuts

Probably. Not many constables about nowadays.

Author:  geezer466 [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Police Cuts

captain_flynn wrote:
I'm not sure that messing with their pension would be a great thing. I assume the retirement age is probably set out for health reasons, much like the rule that airline pilots retire at 55.

From my understanding the Metropolitan Police Service are currently recruiting PCSO's, or atleast I keep seeing online adverts about it. Perhaps they are trying to make up the numbers that way, along with Special Constables.


Part of the reason the police budgets are out of control is the pension liabilities.....

Remember all those nice shiny new PC's New Labour employed through the boom? Well they will in due course be entitled to the same pension provision as of old.

Society in general has got to make some tough choices in the next few years, should we maintain public service pensions at their current levels or look to re-negotiate them?

To leave things as they are means everyone paying higher taxes to underwrite these pensions when most in the private sector cannot afford to contribute to schemes of their own.

Author:  SOT [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Police Cuts

I read somewhere that Police services are being asked to find cuts of around 20% across the UK. I simply cannot see how such huge cuts can be accommodated without affecting front line services.

The Evening Standard are reporting 16+% cuts to London's fire service after the Olympics, indeed I reckon we should look forward to many public services after the sports day, as this event is responsible for delaying cuts to many budgets.

Cuts of this magnitude will hurt. Look forward to the Pizza delivery being quicker than the fire service as well as the police

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/lond ... 31003.html

Author:  jim [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Police Cuts

Kremmen wrote:
I was reading somewhere that if you phone for a Pizza and 999 at the same time the Pizza would probably arrive first

They over came that, by covering their helmet with cheese and extra mayo. ;) :o

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/