| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://www.westlondonchat.com/ |
|
| Broadband restriction https://www.westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1804 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Kremmen [ Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Broadband restriction |
I upgraded to FTTC Broadband earlier in the week. Whilst the speeds are considerably faster than ADSL they are not what I was expecting. I'm getting 18Mbps down and 3Mbps up. I should be getting 26Mbps down and 6Mbps up as a minimum, 35 and 7 on a good day. I've had 2 Openreach engineers visit. First one was good but inexperienced. he checked the house wiring and gave that a clean bill of heath but wasn't UG trained so couldn't check the outside connections. The second one, called by the first one, who has been in the job years has revealed that the Willow Tree estate has aluminium phone wiring that seems to have started deteriorating. Apparently it's starts turning to dust within the sheathing He managed to squeeze another 2Mbps out of the line by cleaning all the joints back to the green box. |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broadband restriction |
What's the best site for checking speed? |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broadband restriction |
The main one is www.speedtest.net There is another one at www.speedof.me that doesn't use flash or Java but HTML5 that is supposed to be more accurate. It works for me but some are reporting errors with lower speed reports. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|