News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fireworks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
I wold have thought 8 pm in the week and 9 at weekends would be ok
and ban the sale of noisy ones
and i wonder what religion says you have to let off fireworks ??? can anyone point out where it says it .
what with 24 hour shopping etc , is to much to ask for , just a bit of quiet


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fireworks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
I wondered too John so I looked it up ! The tradition for Diwali (on the first day I believe) is to light firecrackers to ward off evil spirits. Now firecrackers I could handle but last night was more like mortars going off :-(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fireworks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I drove back from Southampton yesterday evening and stopped to buy KFC in Yiewsley (had a hectic day and couldn't be bothered cooking)

While I was in the shop there were really loud bangs and flashes in the High Street outside - I know that can't be legal but nobody seemed to worry about it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fireworks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
That was Jim's Jeep going past :lol:

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke