News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
I miss having a local DIY store in West Drayton, I think it would be great if the Focus at Cowley Retail Park would become a Homebase or B&Q.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Probably another Tesco :lol:

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
I was half expecting someone to chip in with that response, still made me laugh though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I heard that the Range have been buying a lot of the old Focus Stores up.

I miss a local DIY store too - even though Focus wasn't really up to much.

http://www.therange.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
That would be good something different.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
I miss Sainsbury's Homebase at Lombardy Retail Park.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
My mum told me that the Focus near her in Pembroke had been converted to M & S - I can't see that happening here though.

I'm often driving past that way - the minute I see anything happening I'll post it on here .....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
I agree can't see an m&s going there, it's a fairly big store and I'd be happy with anything but the empty shop.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Jon wrote:
I miss Sainsbury's Homebase at Lombardy Retail Park.


Me too.

The B&Q warehouse is better for some things but everything in there is completely covered in black dust. Everything has to be cleaned when you get it home. If I can I never take from the top of a pile.
Homebase, when it was next to Sainsbury's has quite a good range of stuff.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
Focus has had its first lot of graffiti now - it'll probably be covered in it soon :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke