News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Sunshine wrote:
It would be nice - I've met a few people over the years who post on here but it would be fun to meet up again.

I'm going to wave to Pam tomorrow as I drive along the M3 (that's the closest we ever get to meeting :lol: )


Never did get to the 'meet ups' in Hayes! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Did intend to, but then I moved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 pm
Posts: 43
I lived in Hayes for many years and Hillingdon was never high on my list of visits. At 12 years old I was admitted to Hillingdon Hospital with appendicitis and peritonitis. They saved my life. Hillingdon faded in my appreciation when, after dance at Burtons in Uxbridge I missed the last bus home and had to walk. That Hillingdon Hill felt like Mount Everest to me. I changed my tune when I was married in the church at the top of the hill to a girl from Cowley. Many years later when I returned to the UK and found what a difference the local council had made to the approaches to the hill I was pleased no end. I have always found the people of Hillingdon polite and ready to help in anway, be it giving directions, or information on local sites. It always appeared a quiet, well looked after area, with likeable , knowledgable residents. It seems with your taking up residence you have "struck gold" and Hillingdon has gained a valuable resident. You could so easily have been "stranded" in one of the many potholes surrounding the area of West Middlesex where councils are not so interested in road work repairs. Welcome to the area. I live in Western Canada and still have warm memories of my childhood. Good Luck


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
I have very warm memories of growing up in Hayes too, and also later on with my children growing up in West Drayton. Even after moving 8yrs ago,I still miss the familiarity, but whenever we go there now, I'm so glad we moved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
jim wrote:
Jon wrote:
Thanks Badminton Girl. I do have a stock of little cards with details of the site if people would like to keep any handy for handing to people.

I could do with a few more as I have given out what I had Jon. :( ;)


I went to a 'get together social' meet up group last week and mention this website as there were a lot of people from hillingdon there, it would have been good to handout cards


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke